We expect to start seeing patients from the week of the 22nd June 2020. We will try to call or email all patients to confirm appointments. We may open later if we do not feel we have all the necessary measures in place.
Dental practices have been doing their best to open from June 8th but dentists were given no notice on this as you may be aware. A great deal of preparation is needed to make sure we give you the high standard of care you have been accustomed to. As a practice we have adhered to government guidelines as a safety measure for all. There are shortages in all supply chains, but we will be receiving our necessary stocks over the next month.
We will contact you to rearrange to a suitable time if you already had an appointment booked. Please feel free to also call us but we would appreciate your patience and understanding as the staff may be very busy.
Dental practices are very safe environments as we have strict cross infection control measures. To reintroduce dentistry sensibly there will be changes in how we operate. For example:
1. We will try to call patients before appointments to check you are feeling absolutely fine. If you feel ill at all, please reschedule. We would ask you arrive a few minutes before your appointment to minimise any waiting in the lounge. Please do not arrive late as you may not be seen.
2. Please wear a mask or face covering. Please bring your own pen for any forms. This is to comply with government guidelines.
3. It will be important to use the disinfecting hand station on the way in.
4. We will start to minimise paper forms and use more online methods.
5. You might see screens at reception. We have ample space, and in some respects, there is very little evidence they will be of benefit but they give added comfort.
6. The washroom areas will initially be closed to keep patient flow in defined areas.
7. It could be we are instructed to do minimal dentistry initially so please bear with us.
8. You might see us wearing more personal protective equipment than normal, but we are still the same happy people behind the masks!
We will be investing in the latest medical grade air purification technology. We don't see any evidence of risk but again this will provide huge comfort as these units can disinfect all the air in a surgery every 3-4 minutes as needed. They also remove pollen, dust etc and ionise the air for that fresh mountain air experience!
We will also be using disinfectant systems which are completely non-toxic and 100% biologically safe. This can clean the water, surfaces and skin, killing bacteria and virus with 99.9999% effectiveness. We have always used as strong disinfectants but as non-toxic we can use these solutions more widely in the dental water lines, air disinfection, as rinses and cleaning every part of the practice.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
We are the longest established dental practice located in the heart of vibrant Woking. Our expert and highly experienced dental team provides the highest quality dentistry in a relaxed and friendly practice. We provide general and cosmetic dentistry to suit all budgets. Local families and businesses have trusted us for generations to provide honest advice and care. It would be a pleasure to serve you.