Reasons to Choose Us
Charter on Patient Safety
Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where team members can discuss the challenges they face at work for the best interests of our patients. For patient safety we:
- Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines
- Use dental instruments that are single use, single patient use or are sterilised after each patient use
- Decontaminate work areas including the dental chair, hand held equipment and cupboard handles, in between patients
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Monitor practice water for quality. Dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear
- Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate carriers
All our team members are trained in safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and follow the practice safeguarding procedures, which are regularly monitored and reviewed.
As the Practice Manager, I have overall responsibility at the practice. I lead and support the team through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. We always welcome your questions, comments and suggestions. Please contact me if we can help you in any way or if you have any questions about patient safety at the practice.